Learn how to build production-grade REST APIs in Java using Spring Boot including advanced techniques such as securing API endpoints with Spring Security, validation, error handling, and integration and security testing.
This course provides a hands-on and in-depth guide to building production-grade REST APIs using the industry-standard Java Spring Boot framework. This course follows on from our Introduction to Spring Boot course, and enables experienced senior software engineers to build secure and production-grade RESTful web services with industry-standard security, authentication and authorisation, and validation.
- 1. REST and RESTful APIs
- 2. REST API with Spring Boot
- 3. Securing REST API Endpoints
- 4. Validation and Error Handling
- 5. REST API Integration Testing
- 6. REST API Security Testing
- 7. Production REST API
- Object Oriented Programming or equivalent.
- Object Mapping or equivalent.
- Introduction to Spring Boot or equivalent.
- Advanced applied knowledge of the industry-standard Spring Boot framework for Java.
- The ability to build production-grade REST APIs in Java with industry-standard security, authentication and authorisation, and validation.
- The ability to write and perform integration and security testing of REST APIs developed with Spring Boot using Spring MockMvc and Spring Security.